I am going to give my best to this opportunity, because I need it to work. I can't go on like this, and if I can learn to manage my pain better, I can learn to live better again, and do some of the things I haven't been able to do as well, or at all, since this whole episode began in July last year. It's been a long 15 months. I should've gotten help sooner, but, I really felt like it would just go away after a week or two. Boy, was I wrong...
Anyway, it's a good opportunity, and I am going to do my best to make something good happen for myself. I need to do a lot of work, but, if I'm getting good help, that will be easier.
So, here's to getting better, and stronger, and being able to kick pain in the arse. Literally.
Friday, 18 October 2024
Another step forward?
I had a phone consultation today with the doctor from the pain clinic, and I don't know why I was so nervous.
He was lovely. He listened. He asked. He answered. He reassured. He thinks he, and the pain clinic can help me. He also said he doesn't think I am a "good" candidate for surgery too, so I am very relieved about that. He wants to investigate what it is, and why I don't seem to recover as quickly now from flare ups as I used to, so, until we meet up in person soon, I've got a slight change to my medication routine, and have to monitor my symptoms. If anything changes between now and then for the worse, I am to ring him and let him know so he can address my concerns when we do meet.
I actually feel good about this. They want to help me, and I hope they can, but, I don't want to be too optimistic. I can't afford to be, but, this is another small step forward, so I am happier now, and he was pleased I am doing things to help myself, and I need to keep doing those things, just need to be careful not to overdo them as I start feeling better.
I have to work with the physio to get stronger to help me come out of the flare ups quicker and better, and keep going with my exercises, and my walking/treadmill, and my swimming. He seemed happy when I mentioned I had done swimming lessons to learn how to swim, because that is a low impact, good exercise, so I was pleased, and so glad I decided to do that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, I've graduated from physio.
I didn't get tortured today, but, after a conversation with my physio, it's looking like this might be as good as it is gonna get fo...
-
I didn't get tortured today, but, after a conversation with my physio, it's looking like this might be as good as it is gonna get fo...
-
I am sick and tired of everything at the moment. Sick of hearing about covid. Sick of hearing about cases. Sick of hearing about exposure si...
-
Not that many people will see this, but, this post is just a quick recommendation of something I have recently purchased that I have found...
No comments:
Post a Comment